The pattern is Burda 7078 with a couple of adjustments. It’s one of those patterns where the sample photographs aren’t particularly inspiring but the line drawing shows promise. I made a mix of the two views – the skirt and sleeveless bodice of A with the button-through front of B – and also extended out the shoulders by a couple of inches to add little cut-on cap sleeves.
The funny thing is one of the things that initially attracted me to the pattern was the waist ties, but I actually removed them from the final dress because I thought they made it look a bit too twee for me. The fit is too relaxed without the ties so I stitched in some thin elastic to suck in the waist instead.
I picked this pattern so I could play with the stripe placement over the princess seams. I cut the centre pieces on the cross grain, the sides on the bias and the rest straight. This fabric is absolutely luscious to the touch, almost brushed and silky soft. It presses well and gets that lovely linen-y rumpled look with wear.
The pattern fitted me well with no adjusting as Burda often does, though I’d say to check out the bodice length if you’re not short waisted like me – the waistline is quite high. You can’t really tell from the envelope views but it’s actually designed to be a couple of inches above the natural waist, though it’s more like natural waist on me. Next time I’d drop it an inch or so to be right on my waist.